Usage of EPS Styrofoam thermal boxes
EPS Styrofoam insulated boxes are used for the temperature protection of time-temperature sensitive products such as pharmaceuticals or food products during transport or storage. The EPS thermal insulated boxes are manufactured out of Polystyrene or Styrofoam, called EPS, which is a light weight insulation material. The EPS thermal boxes offer protection against hot or cold temperatures in which the thermal performance is depending on the temperature situations, conditions and thermal energy exchange.
Temax EPS styrofoam box with folding system
The company Krautz Temax has invested in special machines to produce EPS Styrofoam. Unique on the Temax foldable box is the special folding system which is a big space and storage saver. The foldable box is stored in a complete flat composition and is contructed to a box shape when it is used. This makes it very easy and pratcical in use. The pictures below show the usage of the folding box.
Tailor made solutions
Unique on the foldable EPS styrofoam box is that it can be tailor made according to all kind of box dimensions, thickness and sizes. This makes it possible to offer fast solutions to fast changing requirements.
BIO based EPS Polystyrene
The company Krautz-Temax has the possibility to manufacture BIO based EPS for producing BIO-degradable EPS pallet shippers and boxes.
User instructions - Protocol pictures
The pictures below show the set-up and usage of the foldable thermal box.
1. Flat unfolded EPS box - Storage
2. Flat plate integrated side-channels
3. EPS side panel with reflection
4. Side panel in channel of plate + press
5. Side panel pressed in side channel
6. Second side panel in side channel
7. Side panel pressed in side channel
8. Lift top panel upwards
9. Front panel pressed in side channels
10. Tilt the box to the other side
11. Tilt + press sides in side channels
12. Side panels pressed in side channels
13. Tilt side panel
14. press side panel in side channels
15. Open top lid panels
16. Loading products + gel packs PCM
17. Close top lid + remove tape sealing
18. Close top lid 2 + seal on lid 1
19. Closed box - thermally sealed
20. Thermal EPS box in cardboard box
The Temax EPS Styrofoam thermal boxes are being tested and qualified according to the Temax temperature performance tests. All test results and qualification reports are available on request.
Test results available on next update
Thanks for your visit at our website.
More information on next update.