Due to requests from our global pharmaceutical customers, the company Krautz-Temax has developed a special division "Temax-Pharma+"within the organization with focus on cold chain solutions for pharmaceuticals, consumer goods, healthcare and life science products. Pharmaceutical products are time-temperature sensitive products (ambients - chilled) which experience quality deviations at temperature excursions which need to be avoided in order to protect and guarantee the health of the consumer. The Temax-Pharma+ division helps pharmaceutical companies and their partners to create a cost effective cold chain.
Our PHARMA Solutions
A. Thermal blankets for airfreight of ambients Pharmaceuticals (+2°C to +30°C) and (+15°C to +25°C)
B. Triple cooler automated cooling system for conditioned trailers
C. Polystyrene boxes and pallet shippers for (+2°C to +8°C) and clinical trials
D. Thermal blankets in sea freight for reefer temperature excursions
E. Cold chain optimization / consultancy / temperature analysis / engineering
A. Pharmaceuticals Airfreight - Thermal blankets for pallets
A.1. Thermal blankets and covers for airfreight.
TEMAX thermal blankets are used as a passive cooling system in the airfreight of time-temperature sensitive pharmaceuticals / healthcare products / life science products and consumer goods. The goal of the Temax thermal blankets is to offer temperature protection during extreme hot and cold temperatures on the TARMAC on the airfield (loading unloading airplane) and during the total transport. Krautz-Temax offers a wide range of insulating products and insulation techniques to withstand the extreme temperatures during air cargo.
A.2. Technical specifications of Temax-4000 thermal blankets
- "NEW" = Temax-4000 thermal blanket also available in BIO BASED version
- Worldwide validated by pharmaceutical manufacturers (+2°C to +30°C) and (+15°C to +25°C)
- Temperature protection = HOT and COLD
- Very light weight, flexible and easily foldable, water resistant
- Closed air convection cell insulation technology
- Multi layer reflection technique (4x) with 97% reflection per layer
- Maximal reflection technique on multi-reflection systems
- Direct touch reflection technique (direct material touch reflection)
- Minimal material conductivity insulation technique
- Internal cavity wall insulation technology + internal convection flow
- Material thickness Temax-4000 = 3,5 cm (1,38 inches) + 4 integrated reflection systems
- Extreme airfield TARMAC temperature protection + solar power + greenhouse extremes
- Minimal impact on payload + waterproof + condense proof / product protection
- Minimal impact on ecological footprint = unique material + production techniques + recycling formula
MOVIE / Manufacturing Recycling
MOVIE / Temax thermal blankets
A.3. G.D.P. documentation for Temax thermal blankets
We offer dedicated documentation for G.D.P. "Good Distribution Practice" purposes for the usage of thermal blankets in the airfreight of time-temperature sensitive pharmaceuticals and healthcare products. Our manufacturing processes and quality management systems are documented in our Q.A.P. "Quality Assurance Procedures".
All documents are available in PDF format / on email request
1. Temperature tests / Winter + Summer / 8% + EN-12546-2 / Solar + greenhouse / Ambients Pharma
2. T.R.M.-Plan / S.O.P.'s / Validation / Protocols / usage / ISBN publication
3. C.C.R.M. = Cold Chain Risk Management / Thermal risk pre-engineering
4. Validation / Product Qualifications / Test chambers / Consultancy
5. Certification / Training / Implementation set-up / Consultancy
6. Project Management Documents with DATES on certification / protocols / training / audits
A.4. TEMAX worldwide
The red dots show the TEMAX warehouse and manufacturing (Europe and USA)
The green dots in the world map show the TEMAX user locations of 3PL and freight forwarders.
A.5. Easy implementation with OUTSOURCING formulas
The Temax thermal blankets can easily be implemented in new or existing Pharmaceutical supply chains due to the Temax outsourcing formulas. Temax has worldwide agreements with freight forwarding companies (see below) who are familiar with the usage of Temax thermal blankets. The freight forwarders are equipped with S.O.P's, protocols etc. to make sure the pharmaceutical shipment is packed and insulated according to the Temax requirements.
B. Pharmaceuticals - Road transport - trailer temperature control
TRIPLE COOLER for conditioned trailers
When time-temperature sensitive pharmaceuticals are transported by road transport, temperature controlled trailers are used with cooler engines to ensure the correct temperature of the products during the transport. Yet, experience shows that the temperature is never optimal in all locations of the trailer leading to temperature excursions.
To offer a solution to this problem, Krautz-Temax developed a unique full automated temperature controlling system for trailers called TRIPLE COOLER to create the perfect temperature in the complete trailer = front and middle and back.
>> NEW DEMO-TRAILER in development
MOVIE / Triple Cooler trailer
Temax Triple cooler system = automated air guiding system for temperature stabilization
- The Triple Cooler MONITORS + ACTS directly on each possible temperature excursion !!!
- Fully automated temperature controlling and air-guiding (front - middle - back) of the trailer
- Automated valve systems built-in in the roof of the trailer (patented system)
- Acts on open-door positions during loading and unloading with specific air guidance
- Continuous trailer mapping with integrated data-loggers + temperature reports
- Temperature monitoring and air-guidance in trailer controlled from Temax control tower
- Multiple load configurations possible / separated customer products + temperature control
- For used (second hand) and new conditioned trailers / no electronic connection to cooler engine required
C. Pharmaceuticals - Polystyrene Boxes - Pallet shippers
Chilled Pharmaceuticals (+2°C to +8°C) and Clinical Trials
Krautz-Temax has started the development and manufacturing of unique Polystyrene boxes and pallet shippers with unique sealing techniques and cooling systems for the transport of critical chilled pharmaceuticals (+2°C to +8°C). The Polystyrene boxes and pallet shippers will be used for high value pharmaceuticals / healthcare products / consumer goods and clinical trials.
- Temax development and manufacturing
- Patented integrated cooling flow techniques
- Patented integrated sealing techniques
- Very high insulation quality
- Boxes and pallet shippers (tailor made dimensions possible)
- For chilled - ambient - frozen temperatures
- Extra cooling possible with P.C.M.'s - gel packs - dry-ice. Integrated NO sub-cooling techniques
- Optional - external reflective packaging
Product qualification and validations with temperature test results (HOT and COLD) available at next update.
Patented Polystyrene Box
Polystyrene box in reflective packaging
Reflective packaging + handles